Here are my answers to the this or that tuesday questions:

1. Poetry or prose? Poetry
2. Funky modern art or the older, "classic" variety? Classic art
3. Sculptures or paintings? Sculptures pique my interest
4. Theatre: exuberant musical or serious drama? drama definitely
5. Ballet or modern dance? Not sure, don't like either much, but I guess if i had to choose, modern dance?
6. Movies: major studio or indie? major studio
7. Authors: Shakespeare or Dr. Seuss? Dr. Seuss
8. TV: PBS or A&E? A&E
9. Music: Beethoven or Beatles? Beatles
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You are a contributing member of your favorite art museum, and visit on a regular basis. They announce a new, temporary special exhibit by an artist surrounded by controversy...this person's work and/or political views offend you. Do you stop supporting the museum, or just stay away during the time the exhibit is there? I stop supporting the museum. If I don't agree with the views that are expressed by an artist who the museum gives space at the exhibit, I don't think I would want to support an institution that endorses that. I would find another similar institution that supports artists I find agreeable, and begin donating to them. And no, i don't believe that this is censorship. I think it is ok for me to choose what artists/views/etc I support, and that if they still want to have the exhibition, they can. They just need to find another contributing member.

This-or-That Tuesday: as mentioned on Weblogs Central at MSNBC.com!

Comments