Another lefty attempt to squelch free speech


For the past several months I have proudly displayed my Bush Cheney 2004 bumper sticker/magnet on the trunk of my car. I want everyone to know who I'm voting for, and if it helps someone else in making their decision, all the better.
This weekend I was doing some shopping at a local Target store. I went to get some supplies for our new Shi-Tzu puppy, Nala. I wasn't in the store for more than a 1/2 hour. When I came out, I noticed something wasn't quite right. Something didn't look the same. It was then I realized that my Bush Cheney magnet on my trunk was gone!
How desperate to get their candidate elected does someone have to be in order to try and squelch the free speech of the other side by stealing their bumper sticker? How pathetic is that? (At least they didn't key my car or something worse like that).
To heap injury onto insult, when I got home there was a letter in the mail. It was a letter from our Townhome association asking my wife and I to remove our Bush Cheney lawn sign from in front of our townhouse. They cited some provision in the association by-laws and said if we didn't remove it by monday morning, we would be fined. That makes me so mad! The election is over in a couple of weeks, and they knew we'd be taking the sign down then - but they couldn't wait that long?
UGGHHHH!!! What a frustrating weekend!!

UPDATE: I was on the way to a funeral last night for a member of Maria's church, and I passed two Bush/Cheney lawn signs in Eden Prairie that had been defaced. One of the signs was the kind that is about 5 feet wide and 4 feet tall. The other was a smaller one. Both signs had been sprayed with paint drawing a big X through Bush's name on both. More of the left's tolerance of free speech?

Comments