Weight Loss

At the beginning of the year i realized that I was at my heaviest weight ever, and that I really needed to lose some weight. I had lost weight before, dropping about 25-30 pounds the previous time using the workout plans in the "Body For Life" book and at Bodyforlife.com.

When I started working out on February 1st I weighed in at about 252 pounds. I've been working out for about 4 solid months now, and I'm now weighing in at 218 pounds. I'd like to lose another 10-20 pounds before I'm done.

People are now beginning to ask me how I lost all the weight, and what they can do to achieve the same results. I tell them that it is all pretty simple.

1. Eat less, but more often. (i eat 5-6 small meals a day)
2. Exercise more. (I exercise 6 days a week. 3 days of weights, 3 days of aerobic exercise)
3. Be consistent.

There is no easy way to do it, you just have to start doing it, and keep with it. It isn't a diet so much as a lifestyle change. Once you've been doing it for a month or two it becomes habit, and your body starts to crave the exercise.


beforeafter.jpg, originally uploaded by onebigswede.


Some resources I've used in my weight loss journey:

http://www.traineo.com: a fitness website that allows you to keep track of your weight loss and fitness over time.
Bodyforlife.com: Good information and healthy recipes.
Body for Life: The book that has really helped me understand fitness and losing weight.

Comments